Milano Dezign is proud to offer its services to the city of Rockville, Maryland. We thought you might like to know a bit more about this interesting and vibrant community.
History Rockville, Maryland
Arthur Nelson obtained the first land patents in the Rockville area between 1717 and 1735. In just a span of three decades, the first permanent buildings were established and later would become the center of Rockville. Due to being an unincorporated town in its early days, it was known by a variety of names like: Owen’s Ordinary. Hungerford’s Tavern and Daley’s Tavern. It would be in 1755 that the first recorded mention of the settlement was known. Incorporation into a village was only achieved on March 10. 1860 by virtue of a petition of Rockville citizens.
|Population density (sq mi)||4,798||474||91|
|Married (15yrs & older)||58%||54%||55%|
- Average age is 1% higher than Maryland
- 16% of the population is Caucasian
- 83% of the population is African-American
- 83% of the population is Asian
Cost of Living
|Cost of living index||150||120||100|
|Goods & Services index||113||109||100|
|Health care index||94||93||100|
In the event that the cost of living data was unavailable for this city, estimates based upon nearby cities were used. Each cost of living index is based on a national average of 100. If the amount is below 100, it is lower than the national average. If the amount is above 100, it is higher than the national average.
Schools in Rockville, MD
The city of Rockville is served by the Montgomery County Public Schools.
Public schools include: Thomas S. Wootton High School, Richard Montgomery High School and Rockville High School
Private schools are: Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy and Montrose Christian School
Higher Education includes: Montgomery College (Rockville Campus). University of Maryland University College, Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus and Universities at Shady Grove.
Places of Worship
Some of the churches in the city are:
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Washington Japanese Christian Church
- Saint Mark Presbyterian Church
- Francis of Assisi Parish
- Waves of Glory Worship Center
- Rockville United Church of Christ
- Rockville Spanish SDA Church
- Rockville Church of God
- Rockville Free Methodist Church
- Rockville Presbyterian Church
The city’s largest employers are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|2||Montgomery County Public Schools||2,500|
|3||Lockheed Martin Information Systems||2,000|
|5||Booz Allen Hamilton||1,282|
|9||City of Rockville||537|
Restaurants & Nightlife
Il Pizzico – Great little authentic Italian restaurant. The food is superb do try the eggplant appetizer and for the main course try the mushroom ravioli and the veal piccata. The almond cake for dessert is simply divine. Mid-range price but the food is high quality fine dining standards.
Myknonos – This is the place to go if you are looking for reliable good Greek cuisine. It offers a nice charming atmosphere with white tables. Try the Dolmades which is an appetizer made from grape leaves and then stuffed with ground beef, herbs and rice topped with a delicate egg lemon sauce.
Clyde’s Tower Oak Lodge – Offers a lively bar scene with amazing happy hour specials. They offer great food at amazing prices. The restaurant décor is interesting and invokes a hunting lodge feeling. Do try the whole lobster dinner or the lamb billets.
Fun Things to Do in Rockville
- St. Mary’s School & Cemetery- Known as the gravesite of famous writer F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Beall-Dawson House – Built in 1815, it is generally well preserved and is now a museum showcasing life in the early 19th century.
- Peerless Rockville, – The Historic red brick courthouse, houses a mini museum that showcases the city’s important heritage.
- VisArts, – An arts center that offers public exhibitions and art classes.
- Cabin John Regional Park, – The nicest park in Montgomery County, it features an ice-skating rink; indoor and outdoor tennis courts; and many picnic areas, trails and campsites.
- Carl Henn Millennium Trail. A 10 mi (16 km) loop bicycle trail around Rockville.
- Dogwood Park, – Includes tennis courts, baseball fields and other recreational facilities.
Top Local Homebuilders
Here are the top local homebuilders in the city:
- Natelli Homes
- Murray Cohen Custom Home Builder
- Potomac Heritage Homes
- Opal LLC
- Jeffco Development
- Haverford Homes
- Finecraft Contactors Inc.
Top Local Landscapers
The top local landscapers are:
- Great American Landscapes
- Cathy Parr, APLD
- Bethesda Garden Design LLC
- Garden Gate Landscaping, Inc.
- Earth Essence Designs
- The Sharper Cut, Inc. Landscapes
Top Local Realtors
The top realtors are:
- John Young & The Metro DC for Sale Team
- Jennette Taylor
- David Park Realtor
- Peggy Palmer, Realtor EXIT Landmark Realty
- Tony Zowd- Coldwell Banker
- Genevieve Concannon, EcoBroker
Rockville, Maryland truly is a great place to live. If you are interested to know more about our remodeling design services, give us a call. We can’t wait to meet you.